Arguments & fights
over children

Crossing boundaries

Central Contact Point for Cross-border Family Conflicts

ZAnK - Zentrale Anlaufstelle für grenzüberschreitende Kindschaftskonflikte

For Individuals

Separation evokes strong emotions, such as grief, anger, despair, and often uncertainty, not knowing how to cope with the new situation. If someone has moved to another country only because of his or her partner or the family, he or she may find it difficult now to get along in this foreign country, with a foreign language and different legal systems and social structures.

When a couple has children, it is always important to find suitable arrangements on child custody and the right of access. This does not always succeed. While the conflict is going on, many questions are raised:

  • Which law applies?
  • When will I be allowed to move abroad together with my child?
  • What shall I do if I want to have frequent contact with my child who lives abroad?
  • What should I do if the other parent did not return my child following a visit?
  • How should I deal with cultural differences and different values?
  • What does mediation mean?

The following links provide a first overview of the answers to these and other questions. Since every case is unique and has its challenges, it may often be necessary to obtain more in-depth information. In that case, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: +30 62980 403.


Please note

This website is currently under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience because some pages are not yet complete. For any questions, please call: 030 / 629 80 403.





Keine Einträge vorhanden

This website uses cookies to analyze how users use the site. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies. Data protection information
ZAnK beim ISD Internationalen Sozialdienst

Deutscher Verein Arbeitsfeld I im Deutschen Verein

Copyright © 2011/2012 Internationaler Sozialdienst ISD. All Rights Reserved. Imprint | Data protection | Disclaimer | Declaration on accessibility